How to play Star Wars: Jedi Knight - Mysteries of the Sith (Steam Version) hardware accelerated without being forced to watch movies and menus in a window.
Posted on January 9th, 2017 in Analysis, Demise, Server, Development, Games, Reverse Engineering, Protocol by Toni
Packets contain a checksum and have to get encrypted correctly to get accepted by the client or server. For this the encryption and packet format has to be understood completely. So it's time to dig deeper into the protocol.
The goal this time is to be able to send messages to client or server which aren't rejected to be able to act as a server for the client and to prevent disconnection from the server because there is no response from the client anymore.
For this the original security dll is analysed to get some insights into the encryption actually used.
Posted on December 29th, 2016 in Analysis, Demise, Server, Development, Games, Reverse Engineering, Protocol by Toni
Logging and analysis of network packets of the game "Demise - Ascension" to be able to create a game server which runs as a service without gui and doesn't put as much pressure on the cpu as the current one.
To start, i fetch some packet data which is to be analysed and furthermore get some insights how these packets are encrypted and structured.
For this a proxy server has to be written which is then converted to the real server at later stages of the series.
Posted on September 10th, 2016 in WPF, .NET, Bug by Toni
When your client is still using .Net 4.5.x and is experiencing freezes on opening the first window an update could help.
Posted on August 9th, 2016 in Games, Algorithms by Toni
Playtests revealed that the previous version was much too hard since the cave generator created caves which had rather large areas in them you had to cross here and there.
Posted in IIS, Windows, NodeJS, MongoDB, KeystoneJS by Toni
Since my old Website wasn't all that appealing i decided it would be time to create a new one and learn something new in the process. Since there were some services i didn't want to rewrite it had to be something which would run on windows and due to the fact that i'm no webdesigner it had to be some system which i can control from code without the result looking all too awful.
So KeystoneJS was my choice and since it had to run on Windows some riddles had to be solved.